Homemade 00 Flour Pizza Dough
My Pantry ingredients
4 Cups Caputo 00 Flour
½ Teaspoon Pakmaya Instant Dry Yeast
1 Teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons Luglio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Additional ingredients required
1 1/2 cups warm (not hot) water
Making Pizza Dough
1. In a large bowl mix in the Caputo 00 Flour, Pakmaya Instant Yeast and Salt.
2. Pouring slowly, add the warm water and Luglio Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the dry ingredients bowl, stirring slowly (try using a fork for this step).
3. Once combined, start kneading the dough (fold over onto itself and press down) for 2 or 3 minutes until smooth (dust with Caputo 00 Flour if sticky).
4. Cover the bowl with clingwrap (as air tight as possible) and leave to rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
5. Take the dough (you will notice it has grown) out of the bowl and place on a clean flour dusted bench top and divide evenly into 3 portions.
6. Take each portion separately and dusting with more flour tuck softly and form into 3 round balls.
7. Use dough immediately or store in an air tight container and refrigerate (ideally taking the dough out of the refrigerator 90 minutes before using).
Making Pizza Base
8. Stretch out one of the pizza dough balls dusting with flour (both the dough and the clean dry bench top) - stretch the dough until you have achieved your desired size and thickness.
9. Top with your favourite pizza sauce (check out our easy recipe for San Marzano tomato sauce) and toppings then cook as desired - we often bake in a preheated oven at 220 Degrees Celsius for 10 minutes (or until edges are slightly brown). Enjoy!