Homemade San Marzano Tomato Sauce
My Pantry ingredients
2 x 400g San Marzano DOP Tomatoes
6 Teaspoons Crushed Garlic
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Optional My Pantry ingredients
Sprinkle of Dried Basil
1. Open each tin and pour the San Marzano Tomtoes and their juices into a blender.
2. Pulse gently to chop the San Marzano's to your desired consistency - personally we prefer to keep them chunky!
3. In a medium sized pot add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Garlic and heat over medium to low for 3 minutes (or until the oil and garlic is fragrant) - stir occasionally so the Crushed Garlic cooks evenly.
4. Add the tomatoes prepared in step 2. to the pot and increase the heat to medium stiring constantly to combine. Optional - Sprinkle in the Dried Basil (or fresh basil if you have it available).
5. Add salt and pepper to taste simmering for approximately 10 minutes.
6. Serve immediately or allow to cool down for later use.